Skip to content

phrase

  1. My word is my bond. 我说话算数
  2. A promise is a promise. 言出必行
  3. I didn't catch that. 我没听清楚
  4. Consider it done. 包在我身上
  5. Don't get cocky: 别太自大
  6. Don't sell yourself short: 不要低估自己
  7. You look dashing: 你看起来帅呆了
  8. Another day, another dollar: 做和尚一天,撞一天钟
  9. With all due respect: 恕我直言
  10. Get to the point: 废话少说
  11. Don't beat around the bush: 别拐弯抹角
  12. Don't patronize me: 不要敷衍我
  13. Make up your mind: 下定决心吧
  14. Go with the flow: 顺其自然 / let nature take its course.
  15. We are on the same page: 我们目标一致
  16. Have a good day: 祝你今天过得愉快
  17. If memory serves. 如果我没记错的话
  18. I kid you not. 没和你开玩笑
  19. Life is so hard/ Having a difficult time. 人生好难
  20. Left me on read. 已读不回
  21. See you around. 再见:非正式的告别方式,意思是以后再见。
  22. rat race. 内卷。I will quite, I'm fed up with the rat race in your company. 我会辞职,我受够了你们公司的内卷
  • 如有进展,一定及时联系
  1. I will keep you updated on any progress.
  2. Rest assured, I will inform you promptly of any developments.
  3. I'll be sure to reach out to you as soon as there are updates.
  4. In there are any advancements, I will be in touch with you promptly.
  5. I will notify you promptly if there is any progress.
  6. Keep you in loop.

About love

  1. I like being around with you. 我喜欢和你在一起
  2. Keep me company. 陪陪我吧
  3. You're my priority. 你是我最在乎的人
  4. You mean everything to me. 你是我的一切
  5. I'm crazy about you. 为你着迷
  6. You're the love of my life. 你是我一生挚爱
  7. You make me wanna be a better man.
  8. You're so sweet.

Easy English Expression - e cubed

  1. What propose does it serve? 这是干啥的
  2. I couldn't help it. 控制不住自己
  3. Look away. 看向别处
    • Don't look away from me when I'm talking to you.
  4. to push it: it means (your) luck. eg: you're pushing it. (你过分/过头了,别这样)
  5. Are you done it?

99: What the heck is wrong with you?

= What's your problem?

  • What the hell is wrong with you?
  • What in the world is wrong with you?
  • What on earth is wrong with you?

Meeting

  • 开头强调:

Now, heads-up that I'll need your undivided attention to this section as it concerns all project stakeholders, Appreciated! (现在提醒下大家,我需要大家对这部分全神贯注,因为会涉及所有的项目相关方,感谢!)

  • 收尾:感谢 + todo + 客套

That brings us to a close. Thank you all again for your time, and I'll circulate(群发) the meeting to-dos in our email group. Don't hesitate to ping me directly if you have any questions. Have a good one!

  • 获得所有相关方的同意: 当想就一个项目或者想法凝聚共识的时候

Get buy-in from all stakeholders.

  • 从他人那里获得一些反馈或者意见,但并不需要征求他们的共识的时候。

Seek advice(Ask for value-add) form stakeholders.

  • 会议时间提前到上午10点,以便安排所有人的时间

The meeting has been brought forward to 10:00 AM to accommodate everyone's availability.

网卡了

  • The internet is lagging.
  • The internet is slow.
  • The connection is lagging. 强调connection网络连接有问题
  • The internet is buffering. 强调buffering,缓冲
  • The WI-FI is acting up. 无线网络不稳定

我刚走神了

  • I was just zoning out. 我刚恍惚了一下
  • I just spaced out for a moment. 我刚走神了
  • I just got distracted. 我刚才分心了

让对方重复一遍刚才说的

  • I didn't quite follow that. Could you explain it one more time? 我不太明白,您能再解释一次吗?

会议冲突

  • Hey team, I have a clash and won't be able to attend stand up.

会后碰一下

  • Let's touch base after the meeting.
  • Let's touch base afterward to finalize the details. 稍后我们再讨论...

更具体一点:

  • Let's touch base after the meeting to align our strategies.
  • Let's touch base after the meeting to go over the next steps. 我们会后碰一下接下来的行动

我刚口误了

  • I just misspoke.
    • I apologize, I just misspoke about the project deadline. It's actually the end of the month.
    • I just misspoke regarding the budget allocation. Let me provide the correct figures. 关于预算分配我刚刚口误了,我现在来提供正确的数据。
  • I made a slip of tongue.
    • During the presentation, I made a slip of tongue about the sales figures(销售数字)
  • That came out wrong.
    • I apologize, that came out wrong. I didn't mean to offend anyone. 对不起,我刚口误了,我没有意图冒犯任何人。

In case I don't see you. Good afternoon, good evening, and good night.